Choosing Your Sponsor
Your sponsor is a huge part of this incredible process. They should be someone that beautifully represents the Catholic faith to you, and someone that you would like to model your life after.
Requirements for a sponsor:
- Sponsors must be at least 16 years of age.
- Sponsors must be practicing Catholics in full communion with the Catholic Church (must have received all sacraments of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist).
- Sponsors do not need to be the same gender as you.
- Your Godparent may be your sponsor.
- Your parents cannot be your sponsor; however, they can stand in place of your sponsor in the event that your sponsor cannot attend the Confirmation Mass.
- If your sponsor does not attend Good Shepherd, they must submit a letter from the pastor of their parish that they are a Catholic in good standing.
If you have any questions about selecting a sponsor, please email me. I will happily help you pick someone that will aid you in this process.
- Johnny Philp